On Sunday, I finished a huge meeting that took weeks and weeks to prepare for. So, it's kind of like it's my new year.
Everyone knows what happens with the new year! Resolutions....
I usually don't make resolutions. But, this year, I'm kind of a mess and need to diligently work on being a better human being. Here goes:
1. I'm done overpromising on deadlines. If you ask me about how long it'll take me to do something, you're getting an honest answer plus 2 days.
2. I'm going to respect my family time more. No one has any obligation to my family except me. Not friends, not managers, not coworkers. I have the obligation and I have the duty to give them the best of me.
3. I'm working a set number of hours each week. After that, I'm going home. I'm not going to dwell on what wasn't done and I'm not going to make my family feel bad for needing me.
4. Sundays are completely reserved for my family. No exceptions.
5. Social media limits. I broke my rule about social media and started sharing again. Nope. I'm not going back to that. I've decided to hide my social media from people who aren't close friends or family.
6. Date night: I've decided that I don't want my spouse to leave me this year. We need date nights. I need to put on makeup more than twice a year.
7. I'm not going to talk on the phone in the car with my daughter anymore. She doesn't need to know anything about my endless reports and/or meetings about the memo about the meeting.
8. I'm limiting phone conversations. People tend to forget what they've said. For that reason, I'm going to encourage people to send emails to request things.
9. I'm going to know when to fold em. Ha. Seriously, I'm no longer agonizing over decisions. If something or someone makes me unhappy, I'm getting rid of it. Life is precious and we all deserve to be happy.
10. I'm going to smile more and yell less. Especially when it comes to my family. They've done nothing but love me and my jumbled mess that I call my life. They deserve to get the best of me and not the leftovers.
That's it, folks. :)